Abandoned Pier Photoshoot.

When makeup artist, Carinn Kanaki approached me to do a shoot with her, I jumped at the chance, especially after she showed me the AMAZING dress that we would be working with (designed by Lara Cottingham).
After I'd seen that beauty, I knew exactly who I wanted to have do the hair for me - the always amazing hairstylist Bethany Bell, who I've had the pleasure of working with on numerous occasions (it seems as though our entire summer consisted of shooting together!).
I got busy scouting for a location, whilst Carinn managed to track down Patrice Newtown to model for us.

The shoot took place underneath an abandoned pier. The area was full of columns covered in graffitti and remnants of paint ball pellets, as well as trees creeping in and trying to claim back the land. There's an eerie but beautiful quality to it that I just loved! I'm so enthralled by the beauty of nature taking back it's place when buildings are abandoned and the way that artists claim their piece of something old by scribbling over it with spray paint. Basically, I love old abandoned stuff!

The area was dirty and urban, which I loved in juxtaposition to this elegant dress.









hair by Bethany Bell-


makeup by Carinn Kanaki-


Unfortunately, the sun set so quickly that we didn't have much time to shoot outside and I wasn't able to use as much of the location as I wanted.
Ah well, I think it's safe to say, that I'll be back!

Comments
One Response to “Abandoned Pier Photoshoot.”
Leave A Comment